Internship II
3:14 PM
Rules of Work Ethics
1. Be sociable
Join your colleagues during lunch, be in the 'Team'.
Team dynamics is extremely important especially when you're working in a small company. Lunch is the only time where people lets their guard down from work and talk about random things for a change. If you don't like to participate/ feel awkward, your presence actually makes a difference.
Besides, you get to know a little gossip here and there. Don't underestimate the power of gossip, knowing such stuff will let you know about the attitude you should portray and about the different personalities of different people. One day, gossip may save you. (Okay maybe not that exaggerating)
2. Think before you talk
Don't offend anyone intentionally/unintentionally.
Words are one of the killers at work, people never forget. So you won't want to offend anyone cause eventually you would need help from each and everyone at work. Don't create a bad impression on yourself, be nice to everyone (:
Don't make things difficult enough for yourself when work is already a bitch.
3. Never trust anyone entirely
False pretendence
I really don't want to believe this but I have witnessed it personally so yea. Your colleagues may be your friends but your friends will never be your family (unless you marry them that is). But people being people, they will eventually use you, in ways that are obvious or not. In university, there are acquaintances. At work, they are called colleagues. Be sure that you evaluate the circumstances before doing anything major. (That's the best advice, I guess?)
Sometimes I don't want to believe the reality of work,of how it is different from I thought it was.
But somehow it's the worse environments that make you learn, grow and nurture you to becoming a better person.
12th day of internship, 9 weeks left
Status: Adapting better than I thought I would be
False pretendence
I really don't want to believe this but I have witnessed it personally so yea. Your colleagues may be your friends but your friends will never be your family (unless you marry them that is). But people being people, they will eventually use you, in ways that are obvious or not. In university, there are acquaintances. At work, they are called colleagues. Be sure that you evaluate the circumstances before doing anything major. (That's the best advice, I guess?)
Sometimes I don't want to believe the reality of work,
But somehow it's the worse environments that make you learn, grow and nurture you to becoming a better person.
12th day of internship, 9 weeks left
Status: Adapting better than I thought I would be
Sometimes summer seems worse than normal school term cause I don't get to see you everyday :(
One of few downs of summer: Cause I don't get to see you at the end of everyday and bus/mrt rides seems so long and rocky making me puke. Funny how things are different when you're hugging me in your arms on the way home every night.
We.Need.To.Book.Tickets.And.Plan.Vacations.
(Our main highlight of the summer yet we haven't started yet :( )
Thanks for making my work life so much worthwhile, it's funny how that I used to be fixing other's problems and I'm not used to fixing my own so I end up being buried in it. I really hate reality sometimes.
Reality is bad. Thanks for saving me from all these bad people and giving me a goal to work towards :)
Everytime I say "I don't know what I do without you sometimes", I mean it every single time.
Thanks babe and sorry for the mood swings :*
0 comments