Blood Donation

2:22 AM





 Wednesday - Blood Donation Drive in school
Always wanted to try donating blood since forever. Whenever there's a blood donation in school, since JC, there would be an urge in me wanting to try it, but I've never gathered my courage to do it. Till now that is. 

Throughout the entire donating procedure I didn't even dare to look at the needle :/ Pretty scary just having the thought of a needle the size of a yakult straw in your arm ._. But well it was a different feeling altogether and the needle hurt whenever I squeeze the ball to allow blood flow. 
Oh here comes the climax.....
I fainted @.@

Apparently when the needle was first inside my arm I felt the world's sounds, muted. Felt like everything else went quiet for a while, but everything seemed okay. I told the nurse I felt weird but they brushed it off saying it was probably the first time I'm donating so I'm feeling this way. So we were fooling around and when the nurse pulled out the needle, the whole world went white in front of my eyes. My face turned scarily pale and everyone was worrying about me, so they had to turn my chair the other way round to allow blood flow to my head. Boy was it embarrassing! The whole world was laughing at me :( 

But it was quite common to faint (kinda) hahaha, seems like I made donating blood quite a scary experience but it was quite fun and meaningful actually. With the right company of course :)

Actually another reason for wanting to donate blood was also cause of a story I read :/
'Thanks for the Memories'
It depicts a guy making his first donation, something that he would never do in his life, but he did it anyway - the first meaningful thing he ever did and he was proud of it. 
But ever since the donation, he felt like a part of him went missing. Like as if his blood contained some part of him.
Haha and you know every typical story, with a guy comes a girl. So this girl lost her baby together with a lot of blood, so she needed a blood transfusion. With that the guy's blood was passed into her and her life was different ever since, like as if an unknown connection was formed between the two. (like telepathy, but even better)

I haven't read till the end yet but yea, being the girl who still believes in stuff like that, gave me a reason to try donating in the first place.
But that being said, I always wanted to donate even before I read the book. Haha

Oh to end off, I nearly fainted in the mrt, thank god you were there to catch me whenever I fall :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments